By Bill Hamilton
This advisor is strikingly varied from different books on Microsoft ADO.NET. instead of load you down with concept, the hot version of ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook grants greater than 2 hundred coding ideas and most sensible practices for genuine difficulties you are prone to face with this expertise utilizing visible Studio 2008 and the .NET 3.5 platform.
Organized that will help you locate the subject and particular recipe you would like speedy and simply, this publication is greater than only a convenient compilation of cut-and-paste C# code. ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook additionally deals transparent motives of ways and why every one code resolution works, and warns you of capability pitfalls so that you can discover ways to adapt the book's problem-solving ideas to varied situations.
This selection of timesaving recipes covers very important subject matters including:
- Connecting to data
- Retrieving and dealing with data
- remodeling and interpreting data
- enhancing data
- Binding info to .NET consumer interfaces
- Optimizing .NET facts access
- Enumerating and retaining database objects
- holding database integrity
Ideal for ADO.NET programmers in any respect degrees, from the rather green to the main subtle, this new version covers the numerous 3.5 improve, together with new programming instruments corresponding to LINQ. ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook deals a painless method for these of you preferring to benefit by way of doing in terms of increasing your talents and productiveness.
Read Online or Download ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook PDF
Similar visual basic books
Easy methods to construct notable ASP. web 2. zero web content in either C# and VB. internet from scratch utilizing freely on hand software program. utilizing a pragmatic step by step strategy, the authors introduce the ASP. web framework, educate you approximately database layout, and stroll you thru acquiring, fitting and configuring the entire freely to be had software program you should use ASP.
Examination PREP advisor Ace your coaching for the abilities measured by way of MCTS examination 70-516 - and at the task - with this legitimate Microsoft examine advisor. paintings at your personal speed via a chain of classes and stories that totally disguise each one examination target. Then, strengthen and practice what you have discovered via real-world case situations and perform workouts.
Each one education consultant could be equipped round the examination pursuits. This makes it really easy for readers to target components the place they should increase. It additionally is helping them determine what the main themes at the examination can be
Totally up to date for home windows eight help, . web four. five, and home windows telephone improvement, this is often the main accomplished, functional connection with sleek programming with visible uncomplicated 2012. Written through visible uncomplicated MVP Alessandro Del Sole, a long-time chief of the worldwide VB neighborhood, this publication illuminates the center of the VB language and demonstrates its potent use in lots of present programming eventualities.
- MCAD MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET
- Programming Visual Basic .NET
- Professional Team Foundation Server 2010
- Programming VB .NET: A Guide For Experienced Programmers
- Visual Basic 2005 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (Expert's Voice in .Net)
- Visual Basic 2010 for Students
Additional info for ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook
It takes a single parameter that specifies the name of the database to use in place of the current database. The name of the database must be valid or an ArgumentException will be raised. If the connection is not open when the method is called, an InvalidOperationException is raised. , SqlException for SQL Server data provider) is raised if the database cannot be changed for any reason. The Database property of the Connection object is updated dynamically and returns the current database for an open connection or the name of a database that will be used by a closed connection when it is opened.
7. 1. Problem You want to connect to an Oracle database. 2. NET data provider. NET data provider in turn. In each case, information about the connection is displayed from the properties of the connection object. OracleClient assembly. cs in the project ConnectOracle is shown in Example 1-8. 40 41 Example 1-8. Open( ); // Return some information about the server. NET data provider for OLE DB. Open( ); // Return some information about the server. Open( ); // Return some information about the server.
14. 1. NET to access data stored in a text file. 2. NET data provider. NET data provider. Information about the connection is displayed. cs in the project ConnectTextFile is shown in Example 1-15. Example 1-15. ReadKey( ); } } } The output is shown in Figure 1-15. 56 57 Figure 1-15. 3. NET OLE DB provider can read records from and insert records into a text file data source using the Microsoft Access database engine (ACE) driver. The ACE driver can access other database file formats through Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM) drivers specified in the Extended Properties attribute of the connection.
ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook by Bill Hamilton