By Vladimir Silva
"Wolfenstein 3D"-like and "Doom"-like online game apps are a number of the classic Android video games offered within the unique version of this publication. due to the fact their free up, Android has improved with the debut of Android 4.0, including higher fonts, new consumer Interface and adventure (UI/UX) APIs, tablet issues, multi-touch features, multi-tasking, speedier functionality, and masses extra to the Android online game app development repertoire.
Multi-touch code supplies those video games and their gamers dynamic enter and trade ability, for a extra practical arcade online game experience. Faster and higher functionality deals video game gamers a extra seamless, enjoyable arcade adventure like by no means prior to on Android. there's additionally stronger local C/C++ integration with Android's NDK besides, which makes coding, compiling, and changing both productive and effective with profits in app performance.
With actionable real-world source, Advanced Android 4 Games shows you ways to construct extra refined and addictive Android video games, harnessing the facility of those fresh developments.
* insurance of the new UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking gains to be had with Android 4.0.
* research different suggestions for making improvements to the game taking part in adventure together with wireless tethering, larger multi-tasking, new and higher streaming net video utilizing WebM, and extra.
* through combining the stylish object-oriented beneficial properties of Java and the uncooked strength of C, there's no restrict to the categories of video games so you might construct for the platform, resembling the "Quake 3D"-like game app case examine during this book.
You’ll certainly celebrate, and maybe you’ll even make a few cash. take pleasure in!
<What you’ll learn> * Key complicated Android gaming recommendations utilizing the recent Android SDK 4 to aid you earn extra money within the app shops
* tips to collect local code (C) in Android utilizing the NDK
* the best way to upload and combine multi-touch
* How to use Bluetooth controllers (Zeemote)
* extra gaming tips and suggestions, reminiscent of hybrid 3D snap shots with OpenGL and JNI
* tips to port and increase a second shooter video game app just like "Wolfenstein" for Android
* how you can port and increase one other 2nd shooter "Doom"-like online game app for Android utilizing OpenGL
* find out how to construct a 3D shooter video game like "Quake"
* How and the place to top set up those online game apps
Who this booklet is for
This e-book is for savvy Android app builders who're trying to find expert or complicated concepts for porting, augmenting and development second and 3D online game apps which are complicated, enjoyable and profitable.
desk of Contents * Welcome to Android Gaming
* Gaming tips:
* extra Gaming methods: Hybrid 3D photos with OpenGL and JNI
* effective pics with OpenGL ES 2.0
* second Shooters with OpenGL: Doom-like App for Android
* 3D Shooters half I: Quake-like App
* 3D Shooters half II: Quake II
* Appendix: Deployment and Compilation assistance
Read or Download Advanced Android 4 Games PDF
Similar java books
Java software program recommendations teaches a starting place of programming concepts to foster well-designed object-oriented software program. Heralded for its integration of small and big reasonable examples, this around the world best-selling textual content emphasizes development stable problem-solving and layout abilities to jot down fine quality courses.
Java Primer Plus courses the reader in the course of the Java programming language from the fundamental thoughts (basic syntax, variable, literals, operators, loops, conditional statements, and so forth. ) via complicated issues (RMI, JDBC, community socket programming, and so forth. ). It presents a deep clarification of Java programming techniques and applied sciences utilizing lecture room verified and confirmed concepts.
- Natural Language Processing with Java and LingPipe Cookbook
- Eclipse IDE Pocket Guide
- Cocoon 2 Programming: Web Publishing with XML and Java
- Real-Time Java Platform Programming
- Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours
- Cours Java
Additional info for Advanced Android 4 Games
We have effectively created a C to Java callback: (*env)->CallStaticVoidMethod(env, jNativesCls, mid , freq, channels, bits); This is the technique used to play audio in the Quake and Quake II engines demonstrated in this book. More details will be explained in those chapters. Now, let’s tackle video buffers. Cascading Video Events When it comes to handling video, game engine designers typically will decouple the rendering process from the actual drawing. This keeps the engine modularized and makes it easy to port to multiple platforms.
Pure Software Renderer Pure Software Renderer is good for low-end devices with poor quality or no GPUs. This renderer is typical on simple games that don’t require a lot of horse power. The Wolfestein 3D chapter in this book used a software renderer. The process is simple; at the end of every interaction of the game loop, an image buffer is drawn with all the sprites for that state in the game. The image buffer is then sent to the Android activity which will render it in a specific view (see Figure 2–6).
The beauty of this is that everything contained within this chapter is fully compatible with Android 4. Compiling Native Code in Android For the pure Java developer, writing apps that talk to C code can be daunting in the beginning. I felt that way the first time I tried to write a Java/C hybrid (with painful success I may add). It turns out to be surprisingly simple if you understand the way these languages interface together. My goal in this section is to show you how simple it can be to call a C function from Java.
Advanced Android 4 Games by Vladimir Silva