By Ira Greenberg
If you're drawn to developing state-of-the-art code-based artwork and animations, you've come to the perfect position! Processing (available at www.processing.org) is a innovative open resource programming language and atmosphere designed to bridge the distance among programming and artwork, permitting non-programmers to benefit programming basics as simply as attainable, and empowering someone to supply appealing creations utilizing math styles. With the software program freely to be had, Processing presents an obtainable replacement to utilizing Flash for artistic coding and computational art--both off and on the Web.
This publication is written in particular for artists, designers, and different artistic pros and scholars exploring code artwork, portraits programming, and computational aesthetics. The publication presents a pretty good and finished starting place in programming, together with object-oriented rules, and introduces you to the easy-to-grasp Processing language, so no prior coding adventure is important. The ebook then is going via utilizing Processing to code strains, curves, shapes, and movement, carrying on with to the purpose the place you'll have mastered Processing and will relatively begin to unharness your creativity with lifelike physics, interactivity, and 3D! within the ultimate bankruptcy, you'll even how you can expand your Processing talents by means of operating at once with the strong Java programming language--the language Processing itself is outfitted with.
By Jim Clarke
Utilizing JavaFX, builders and photograph designers can interact to construct strong, immersive functions and install them anyplace: at the machine, on the internet, and on hundreds of thousands of Java-enabled cellular units. JavaFX allows you to keep your current photos and seamlessly combine them into Java functions. Plus, JavaFX Script is a declarative language to be able to look after your funding within the Java platform whereas permitting extra creativity with JavaFX’s wealthy net program environment.
JavaFX™: constructing wealthy net functions brings jointly the entire wisdom, innovations, and reusable code you must quick convey production-quality recommendations. Writing for either builders and architects, the authors clarify how JavaFX simplifies and improves the RIA improvement strategy, they usually convey how one can utilize its ready-built elements and frameworks.
JavaFX™ covers every little thing from info integration to multimedia, lighting tricks to leisure. The authors current a whole bankruptcy of code recipes and a whole case examine application.
This book’s wide-ranging content material includes
Building and working JavaFX programs
Understanding the position of snap shots designers in developing JavaFX Graphical Assets
Writing speedy, effective JavaFX Script programs
Using facts binding to simplify Model-View-Controller software design
Creating wealthy consumer reviews with JavaFX visible components
Bringing consumer interfaces to lifestyles with lights, mirrored image, and different detailed effects
Adding movement with the JavaFX animation framework
Incorporating photographs, sound, and video clips on your applications
Creating RESTful functions with JSON and XML
Writing JavaFX functions that utilize the underlying Java platform
By Christopher Steel, Ramesh Nagappan, Ray Lai
For internet architects, builders, and undertaking managers, this handbook on net functions and prone safety demonstrates protection layout for J2EE firm purposes, net prone, identification administration, carrier provisioning, and private id ideas. It presents 23 styles and one zero one practices on the subject of Java 2 platform safeguard, Java extensible defense and API framework, shrewdpermanent playing cards and biometrics, and contains safety compliances and case reports. The authors are Java safeguard architects.
By Jan Newmarch
Java programmers drawn to studying and utilizing Jini towards their respective community purposes – any Java enabled gadget interoperable with the other Java-enabled gadget. Jini is Sun's Java-based know-how, with power to make transparant, "universal plug and play" a truth. This booklet is an multiplied, up to date model of the most well-liked on-line instructional for Jini. writer Jan Newmarch contains entire Jini developments. And he contains different vital themes, like how firm JavaBeans combination in with the Jini framework and the way CORBA matches in in addition. This e-book may be in keeping with Jini 2.0.
By Michael C. Daconta, Kevin T. Smith, Donald Avondolio, W. Clay Richardson
- Building at the good fortune of Java Pitfalls (0-471-36174-7), this e-book offers extra particular programming strategies to fifty tricky Java programming problems
- Shows skilled programmers the best way to establish and steer clear of weaknesses in Java and comparable J2EE applied sciences which can reason courses to move haywire
- Explores complicated themes together with networking, XML and Java programming, and the Java digital Machine
By Rob Harrop
Nearly any software you construct calls for a few kind of output. And the output layout may well swap regularly, which can result in a heavy upkeep burden and a restrictive try out cycle. yet through the use of the ability of the rate template engine, you could combine templated output into your software, decoupling the appliance common sense from the output structure.
Pro Jakarta speed: From expert to Expert leads leads you instantly towards configuration and setup, throughout to full-blown software improvement. this isn't in basic terms a e-book approximately internet improvement, because the multipurpose pace does greater than substitute JSP. as an alternative, this ebook demonstrates many various speed makes use of. This in-depth booklet additionally exhibits you the way to combine speed improvement and use it with different open-source frameworks and instruments, resembling Spring and Apache Struts.
By C Bala Kumar
Adoption of Bluetooth instant expertise has made nice strides within the previous few years. one of many largest steps forward―the standardization of Java APIs for Bluetooth instant know-how (JABWT)―is defined intimately during this publication. The JABWT normal, outlined through the JSR-82 specification, helps quick improvement of Bluetooth functions which are moveable, safe, and highly-usable. instant gadget brands have replied to the JABWT specification via saying cellphones and different items that might run JABWT functions. Bluetooth software Programming with the Java APIs explains intimately find out how to write Bluetooth purposes utilizing the Java APIs to use the facility of either applied sciences. Written through the specification lead for JSR-82 and different key individuals within the definition of JABWT, this ebook presents the authoritative factors and urban examples you must start without delay.
About the Authors
C Bala Kumar is a exotic Member of the Technical employees at Motorola. He chaired the professional staff that outlined the Java APIs for Bluetooth instant know-how. He at present leads the platforms software program workforce for instant platforms in Motorola's Semiconductor items quarter. Paul J. Kline is a distinct Member of the Technical employees at Motorola and the maintenance lead for the JABWT specification. He at present works at the approach software program structure crew in Motorola's Semiconductor items area. Timothy J. Thompson is a Senior software program Engineer at the procedure software program structure crew in Motorola's Semiconductor items quarter. He used to be the OBEX architect at the JABWT specification team at Motorola.
- Written through experts-the authors led the group that outlined the JABWT ordinary and the Motorola group that constructed the 1st JABWT implementation
- Covers JABWT extensive and is going past the specification to provide an explanation for the best way to use the traditional effectively
- A worthy source either to Java programmers drawn to Bluetooth instant know-how and to enterprise managers attracted to its strength for developing new enterprise opportunities
- Digs deeply into the programming components you need to grasp to effectively layout and construct JABWT purposes, together with RFCOMM, OBEX, gadget discovery, carrier discovery, and L2CAP
- Details the real-world concerns desirous about programming Bluetooth units and imposing the JABWT specification
- Organized into sections that explicitly deal with the various wishes of programmers, company managers, and venture managers
By Alan Williamson, Andrew Wu, Joey Gibson, Kirk Pepperdine
Ant has emerged because the hottest construction software for Java builders, automating tedious compilation, try out, and code administration. Many Java builders are conscious of Ant yet there's little documentation to help in getting began with the Ant device. Even skilled builders who already use the various beneficial properties of the Ant software, fight with the extra complex elements. This booklet will teach these builders in Ant's extra complicated themes, and aid them get extra out of the instrument. The Ant Developer's guide starts off with a quick advent to acquiring, fitting, and configuring Ant and covers all significant function units and use practices. Ant is a cross-platform construct and configuration administration instrument. it truly is written in Java, and makes use of XML as its dossier layout, thereby permitting complete improvement groups to percentage Ant construct records, whatever the working process each one developer is utilizing. Ant can practice approximately any universal configuration administration functionality, together with: * compiling program resource code * working attempt suites and development archive documents * moving/copying records to server machines * interacting with resource keep watch over systemsConfiguration administration (CM) maintains to stay an important trouble within the software program improvement area. This has been really glaring with Java. As undertaking groups mature and detect that they wish CM, they've been turning to Ant as a device to fill their CM wishes. Ant Developer's guide is necessary because it addresses the "how to" hole that's at present no longer coated by means of the other set of documentation. This "how to" details may be very important for improvement groups as they try and use Ant in industrial-strength environments.
By Zigurd Mednieks, G. Blake Meike, Laird Dornin, Masumi Nakamura
What does it take to construct well-engineered Android functions? discover Android's middle development blocks and APIs extensive with this authoritative consultant, and the right way to create compelling apps that paintings on a whole variety of Android units. You'll paintings with confirmed ways to app layout and implementation—including software frameworks that you should use as a place to begin on your personal projects.
Delve into sensors, local improvement, 3D pics, and lots of different issues, and observe how one can construct apps at the platform of your selection. If you're an intermediate to complex programmer, you'll the way to make nice Android apps.
• how you can use the Android SDK with the Eclipse IDE
• practice complicated Java ideas despite your event with the language
• Create an Android consumer interface that's fascinating and straightforward to navigate
• Use the Fragment API for capsule consumer interfaces
• Make your program suitable with Honeycomb and previous versions
• comprehend Android's distinct database layout matters and the position of SQLite
• Use sensors and gestures to extend your app's enter past simply tapping and scrolling
• discover Android APIs for multimedia, situation, verbal exchange, NFC, and different purposes
By Vladimir Silva
"Wolfenstein 3D"-like and "Doom"-like online game apps are a number of the classic Android video games offered within the unique version of this publication. due to the fact their free up, Android has improved with the debut of Android 4.0, including higher fonts, new consumer Interface and adventure (UI/UX) APIs, tablet issues, multi-touch features, multi-tasking, speedier functionality, and masses extra to the Android online game app development repertoire.
Multi-touch code supplies those video games and their gamers dynamic enter and trade ability, for a extra practical arcade online game experience. Faster and higher functionality deals video game gamers a extra seamless, enjoyable arcade adventure like by no means prior to on Android. there's additionally stronger local C/C++ integration with Android's NDK besides, which makes coding, compiling, and changing both productive and effective with profits in app performance.
With actionable real-world source, Advanced Android 4 Games shows you ways to construct extra refined and addictive Android video games, harnessing the facility of those fresh developments.
* insurance of the new UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking gains to be had with Android 4.0.
* research different suggestions for making improvements to the game taking part in adventure together with wireless tethering, larger multi-tasking, new and higher streaming net video utilizing WebM, and extra.
* through combining the stylish object-oriented beneficial properties of Java and the uncooked strength of C, there's no restrict to the categories of video games so you might construct for the platform, resembling the "Quake 3D"-like game app case examine during this book.
You’ll certainly celebrate, and maybe you’ll even make a few cash. take pleasure in!
<What you’ll learn> * Key complicated Android gaming recommendations utilizing the recent Android SDK 4 to aid you earn extra money within the app shops
* tips to collect local code (C) in Android utilizing the NDK
* the best way to upload and combine multi-touch
* How to use Bluetooth controllers (Zeemote)
* extra gaming tips and suggestions, reminiscent of hybrid 3D snap shots with OpenGL and JNI
* tips to port and increase a second shooter video game app just like "Wolfenstein" for Android
* how you can port and increase one other 2nd shooter "Doom"-like online game app for Android utilizing OpenGL
* find out how to construct a 3D shooter video game like "Quake"
* How and the place to top set up those online game apps
Who this booklet is for
This e-book is for savvy Android app builders who're trying to find expert or complicated concepts for porting, augmenting and development second and 3D online game apps which are complicated, enjoyable and profitable.
desk of Contents * Welcome to Android Gaming
* Gaming tips:
* extra Gaming methods: Hybrid 3D photos with OpenGL and JNI
* effective pics with OpenGL ES 2.0
* second Shooters with OpenGL: Doom-like App for Android
* 3D Shooters half I: Quake-like App
* 3D Shooters half II: Quake II
* Appendix: Deployment and Compilation assistance